Wednesday, August 1, 2018



The Marsh

I want to get bogged down in that marsh
but have no nerves to do so
I know I will be lost to the core
Or might I find myself again
and become new .?

Once I even tried to go there,
But came back running home
It kind of attracted me too much
I couldn’t bear the burden of its allurance.

My heart beats were pacy
My soul damn scared
My body with watery beads
And my mind like horses restless.

I then knew it was not to me
I couldn’t plunge into its depth
I was a coward
Bound with the fetters of these wily rules.

What strength would I have then
To get sucked down by that marsh?
I will be a lost loose woman
Stoned to death,
I will be taken to the gallows
Or might be deserted in the sands of eternity.

Then what will remain of me
is just my frame
lifeless, parched and left to the vultures to feast
or I will be like a barren earth
unmoist , and thirsty for the marsh to submerge me in.





That marsh, in which I wanted to immerse deeply
Now stands no more before me.
Transformed into a stony land
I can just set my eyes , my step on it,
But then what use is of such existence.

Such life that cannot soak me up.

Even death can’t come to me
I am living in a malicious world
Far from that divine world
Where I can go
Just when  death will embrace me.

But death seems too cruel.
It doesn’t come to me easily.
Marsh can be  the only  source of my death
If it wants , it can allow me in
But my misfortune is that
It only allows me to float and
live in a limbo
Where no death comes and no life I know.





No comments:

Post a Comment