Wednesday, July 4, 2018

The hermit.                                                       He reposes in the green lush woods, on a  snowy marble rock:his eyes closed, shut away from the moving universe.           He sees the world within him. He is the world, he is the universe  and the whole cosmos is in him. He sits there untouched by even a cool gale that sways his matted hair, but doesn't sway him. He is erect, composed, calm. He doesn't require anyone. Wrapped in gajacharma, smeared with bhasma, he sits deep in solitude, and never opens his eyes. His kapur fragrance smittens me and my magnetic heart is gravitated by the iron in him. His dusky hue mellows my eyes, and drown deep and deep in the scintillating caramel  eyes taking me in a world of oblivion. But, he is unaware that I am watching him from a little far away. I peep to eye his visage. I stand behind a tree and adore his beauty. I am glad he isn't watching me or else my cheeks grow rose and my eyes give away. But,  I crave for his caramel gaze and when he sees me I glance away. I dare not meet his deep unfathomable eyes. They speak a lot. As I am watching him standing behind the bark, my white Saree feels the tiny grass. The tiny fragile turf has the moist of the morning dew touching my feet and giving me sensations sweet. I watch his ash smeared brown body and I feel like getting entangled in him like his dark matted locks and never get unravelled from there. My eyes can't have enough of him. I wish this time stands still. But lo !what happens then-he suddenly opens his eyes  and I hastily hide behind the bark.My closed eyes can listen to the paced heart beats. I don't want him to know but  I still want him to know  my river feelings are going to have a tidal chaos if this goes on and on. I know he has seen me, I don't look behind, I am scared but my gullible heart makes me look at him again. Alas! I see him leaving. He knows all. He is omniscient. I am nothing to him. Who am I? Just one  of the mortals enthralled by his breathtaking beauty. Tomorrow, I will come  here again to see his brown frame and till  the second morn ,I will cajole my eyes, my mind, my heart  and my soul that he is never meant  for  a mortal like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment